Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do you see anything big and orange?

On Saturday we went to an all natural farm to visit their pumpkin patch. The patch we went to last year was nice and clean and there were pumpkins visible everywhere. Here, a very aggressive weed marked the boundaries of the pumpkin patch. There were no pumpkins to be seen anywhere. We weren't quite prepared for that. The kids and I got stuck as the Rocket Scientist went off in search of the biggest pumpkin in the patch. I couldn't put Handsome Face down and Cute Girl couldn't move from her spot. They both got attacked by angry stickers and still have battle wounds to prove it. I finally managed to half carry/half drag them both out of the jungle to wait for their dad's return. And of course we couldn't get the stickers our of hair/socks/diaper bag and Handsome Face promptly dropped his cup in the dirt. But when the hay wagon finally went by again we had four nice pumpkins, ranging in size like the three bears chairs. The only picture of me - which I took myself.

After paying and dumping the pumpkins we proceeded to the store where I bought the most delicious homemade raspberry syrup. Waffles, syrup, and real whipped cream on Sunday. Yum. Then we went to the petting zoo. Handsome Face kept calling the goats "dog" but by the end we had him saying "go!" He thought they were really cool. Cute Girl didn't want to touch any of them but she loved feeding hay to the donkey. Handsome Face tried too but as soon as her head would come near his hand he'd drop the hay and make a quick retreat. Apparently she was a little too big.





Then there was the obligatory stop at the tire swings.





I think they had a good time.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

cute cute cute! what a fun day. I love the pictures of them sacked out in their carseats afterwards...

Katie said...

That one of him and the goat is adorable. I love his fluffy white hair. I can't wait to see you guys in a month.