Friday, October 3, 2008

"Come on, come on, it's pancake time!"

Yesterday I told cute girl that we would have pancakes for breakfast today. Last night, I made biscuits to go with dinner. My inner pragmatist told me that it would make more sense to make sausage gravy for breakfast to use up the leftover biscuits, then have pancakes tomorrow.

Unfortunately, cute girl's inner pragmatist is broken this morning (or sleeping in) and she replied, "No, I want pancakes today. We can have biscuits and gravy tomorrow,"

Then the bribing started, "If we have biscuits and gravy today, you can have hot chocolate."

cute girl: "I just want pancakes."

me: "But if we wait 'till tommorrow, I'll make chocolate chip pancakes."

cute girl: "We can have chocolate chip pancakes tomorrow, but I want regular pancakes today."

I'll give you one guess who won.

"Come on, come on! It's pancake time!"

1 comments:

whitney said...

Ahhh, but what a nice mommy you are to actually make the pancakes. In the morning, no less (I'm pretty sure Ezra's convinced that pancakes are a basic dinner food)