Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wedding Recap

Well, we're finally home. We have been for almost two whole days and we're still recovering. I've slept like a log for the past two nights and I'm still exhausted. Handsome Face went to bed at 7pm last night and didn't wake up until 8:40am. My kids NEVER do that. Oh, and my living room is covered in duffels, bags, and boxes, their contents streaming across the floor. I'll clean it up someday. I've given myself leave to not really do anything important for awhile. We're all just tuckered out.
Here are a few highlights from the trip. We went to St. Louis for a very quick, two and a half day visit for the wedding of my sister-in-law, Sheri.
Here the kids play checkers with Daddy outside Cracker Barrel while I cleaned out the car. This was something like 18 hours into the trip to St. Louis. It's a 22 hour drive, plus the added stops that are required when traveling with two small children. It wasn't fun driving all that way, but it wasn't awful. The worst part of going out was Handsome Face getting a hold of the Pringles while we were on our way to pick my husband up from work and then promptly throwing up. So gross. Good thing I covered the car seat. It helped - but not much. The other worst part was that the kids didn't go to sleep that night til really late.
After we got back from the Temple for the Endowment session, we found the kids in the basement, happily playing with the coveted toy car.



And here's the wedding. Cute Girl was a lovely little faux flower girl. Her Grandma does dress her up awfully well. Isn't she just cute? And I love Handsome Face's knee socks and caterpillar sweater vest. Hopefully you can get a good look at Cute Girl's hair. I didn't post pictures of it before because the wedding hadn't happened yet and it felt like cheating. She'd been running around all morning though so it's kind of tousled. Oh well, she's three, whatcha gonna do?


Handsome Face just loved his Uncle Bret. But my kids always love Bret so that wasn't surprising. He especially loved burying his face in Bret's hair. Cute Girl with Uncle Ryan. I swear these two were inseparable for the whole trip.

Handsome Face was so plumb tired out that he fell asleep on the way to the wedding luncheon. He ended up with a fever by the end of the reception and then threw up all over my dress while I attempted to bathe him. Luckily, Aunt Katie was there to help and wash the girlie while I rocked my boy and he got a blessing. He's still not feeling well. Maybe tomorrow will be better.


Cute Girl hugging her first-cousin-once-removed Stori. Aren't you impressed that I know that? Stori is seven but the littlest thing in the world. Cute Girl is just as big as she is!



And I just noticed that there's not a single picture of the Rocket Scientist. He was there, I swear. But for once he had the camera and I got to be in the pictures.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great trip! Glad to hear you made it... survived... with minimal barfing. Always a good thing- and your kids are getting so big! I can't believe it!

Sarah said...

Cute cute pictures! I love the hairdo. Soooo good. Way to go! And you looked so cute too. Love that dress. Uncle Ryan looks a lot like Neil. Whoa!!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

what a gorgeous little family! you look so good. i miss the 85th ward!