Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trip Planning

We are driving, yes, driving, to Missouri in two weeks for a family wedding. I am impatient to get going. I'm dreading - ok, I'm terrified - the 22 hour car trip with two little ones and so I just want to get it started and over with it. I've been trying to prepare for the trip in the past few days but other than research and list-making, I haven't gotten very far. But I did just receive these in the mail today.



You can find them here. My mother-in-law had one and I fell in love with it and just had to have my own. This evening the Rocket Scientist informed me that we'll have to get more when we have more kids because otherwise everyone will just be jealous. They're that cool. And super soft. Handsome Face thinks it is fun to cuddle up in them.

And to get ready for our packing, Cute Girl and I covered diaper boxes in paper and decorated them. It served no practical purpose, but made me feel like I was doing something for the trip and let her color and get marker on her clothes. Everybody's happy.

1 comments:

Katie Rod said...

I would be terrified, too. Tom and I are going to Nauvoo in a few days for a family reunion, and were planning on driving (18 hours for us). We decided to fly because crazily enough, it was cheaper compared to crazy gas prices these days. Good luck!!!!