Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Visitor


Our Grandma Crapo came to visit last week. We had so much fun! The kids loved having someone around to give them extra attention. She even took them on bike rides to the playground several times which is something I'm just too tired and busy to do very often.
We didn't do much because we are really boring hosts. It didn't help that the Rocket Scientist and Cute Girl had work and school every day. But there were a few fun things in there.
On Tuesday we went shopping and out to lunch. Cute Girl was not happy to miss the lunch. But on Wednesday we picked her up from school and headed to an old Catholic mission. It was really cool (and free!). The art inside the chapel was very interesting. I think the kids even enjoyed it - at least they behaved very well. And Grandma bought them an Indian fry bread for a treat. What kid wouldn't like that?
That evening we headed to the ward trunk-or-treat. Grandma was amazed at how many kids were there. It was REALLY big.
On Thursday we just hung out at home but we did make Cafe Rio salads for dinner. I got the recipes from Kristin's blog. All of the salad lovers affirmed that it was well worth all the work. We still have creamy tomatillo dressing in the fridge. The Rocket Scientist and I have been eating it with chips every night. Yum!
And then Friday was the most boring day of all. Handsome Face had been sick all week (high temps off and on and an achey tummy) and I caught it Thursday night. Lucky for me my fever only lasted over night instead of all week. But it meant that Friday morning, both Handsome Face and I fell asleep on the couches and took LONG naps while Grandma and Dad read/played on the computer. How exciting are we?!
Friday we had a babysitter and all the grown-ups went to a dinner theater. It's so fun! We had good pizza and watched a great Halloween show. I love taking people there. So, hint hint, come visit me!
Sadly, Grandma had to go on Saturday morning. I guess Grandpa needed someone to come play with him too but Handsome Face didn't buy it. He cried after Grandma left.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Cute picture. I think we'll have to come visit so we can try out this dinner theater.

Sheri E. said...

I'm glad the kids had so much fun playing with grandma. It sounds like she had a lot of fun too.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I just cant believe how big your kids are, does it not seem like we were in provo a few months ago as newlyweds?

Karen C. said...

I had so much fun visiting you guys. The kids are so much fun and so energetic. My favorite was playing hide and seek under the bed. I love those little guys so much. I'm sorry that Handsome Face cried when I left--but I confess it also makes me a little bit happy to know he misses me. The dinner theater was amazing, a very nice treat. Thanks for putting up with me.

Alan C said...

I am glad Grandma got to visit and have so much fun. I would love to have been there too. I would have enjoyed that. I was glad that Grandma got to come and visit me for a while too.

John said...

The dinner theater sounds fun. I'll have to see if I can find one around here.