Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Great Pumpkins

We carved our pumpkins yesterday. The kids had a lot of fun. Handsome Face wouldn't put his hands in but talked about how fun it was to carve pumpkins while I did all the work. He chose a candy pumpkin. Cute Girl drew a very elaborate picture of a scary monster. It had four of every face part. We simplified if for the carving and it was kind of crazy looking. The Rocket Scientist is the master carver and always comes up with something fun. I, on the other hand, hate carving pumpkins and only tolerate it because I have to.










I thought my candy pumpkin turned out rather well.







5 comments:

Alan C said...

Those are some amazing looking pumpkin carvings. They especially look good next to the kids smiling faces. Lighted at night looks pretty good too.

Chelsea said...

Oh, I thought it was a sideways crooked smile, but once I saw it with the candle in it, it definitely looks like a candy pumpkin.
We were super lame this year and didn't even do any pumpkins. We had one from the garden, but the vine died about a month ago, and it's been shriveling ever since.
But Penny got enough candy, which more than made up for the lack of pumpkinness.

Sheri E. said...

Your candy pumpkin looks really good! What a clever idea.

Katie said...

I like all the pumpkins. That scary face one turned out way better than the drawing.

John said...

Did you roast the pumpkin seeds?