Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Break

We would have liked to go away for break but the Rocket Scientist still had work and we took too many vacations over the summer. I tried to make it fun for Cute Girl though.
On Tuesday the kids went to play/be baby-sat at my friends' house. Then all the moms went out for breakfast to celebrate some birthdays. Thanks to Nancy for volunteering her girls to baby-sit AND picking up the bill. She's so great and I'm sure we don't deserve it. We had Mimi's Cafe and it was delicious and so nice to be out for awhile. Handsome Face and Cute Girl loved all the Halloween crafts and playing with the Porter kids. When the Rocket Scientist got home he whipped up a yummy soup from all the produce that was about to go bad. The kids wouldn't touch it of course. So I got Handsome Face on my lap and started spoon feeding him from my own bowl. I did the same for Cute Girl with her own soup. And low and behold, they liked it! Those little stinkers! I hate how kids decide something is gross when they've never had it before. We finished out the evening by watching Snow White and eating popcorn. The Rocket Scientist was just in the mood for a movie and since it was fall break, we indulged a late(r) night.
On Wednesday we made orange pancakes with chocolate chip jack-o-lantern faces. Then I let the kids indulge their creative side. Handsome Face chose finger painting and Cute Girl picked out a fall tree craft. Then we had a picnic in the park with all our neighborhood friends.
Thursday we went to the library and had lunch at Dairy Queen since Cute Girl misses out on all of our lunches now that she's in school.
Friday we went car shopping and got very tired. But we had stromboli for dinner! Oh, how we love stromboli!
And Saturday we took a picnic to the canyon. We spent most of our time exploring the creek. It was so quiet and peaceful - not at all crowded. Handsome Face is desperate to go back! Then we came home, Handsome Face and I took LONG naps, and Cute Girl and the Rocket Scientist watched the BYU game. What a lovely day it was.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That does sound like fun. Nice a relaxing. And I think I want to try some of this Stromboli.

Karen C. said...

The chocolate chip pancakes sound delicious to me. Even if you didn't get to go "away" it sounds like you and the kid-lets had a fun time being together. I'm glad that you ordered a new camera. I miss seeing pictures!

John said...

I love stromboli! What a fun week.