Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Catch Up

I think I can officially say that no one in my family is sick anymore. We had a whole month full of at least four ear infections, a virus that hit EVERYONE, conjunctivitis in 6 eyes, and bronchitis (that was me).
Cute Girl made this train track herself. I was amazed because I have NEVER figured out how to use those funny triangle-shaped tracks.

We've been to the doctor five times since the beginning of the year. I'm soooo tired of prescriptions. And I never want to see pink blobs of amoxycillin on my counter again.

Handsome Face playing the trombone

Now for some updates. Did you know the Rocket Scientist plays the trombone? He is uber-talented. So talented that on Monday he was actually lamenting the fact that he has so many talents and doesn't have time to develop them all. Boohoo. But back to the trombone. He could only ever play around on it because he didn't have any sheet music. So for Valentine's Day I got him some John William's music. We spent all last Saturday listening to the 1984 Olympic fanfare and the Star Wars' Imperial March. The kids thought it was awesome.

My snobby kids eating fondue for lunch

Then on Saturday evening we had friends over and ate fondue until 11 o'clock that night. It was a bit late for me as that was the first day that I had felt well in over a week but it was still fun. The Rocket Scientist makes really yummy fondue. We no longer go to the Melting Pot.

And speaking of food, yesterday my friends treated me to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe for my birthday. It was so fun. I love going out to breakfast. And my kids were even reasonably well-behaved. Cute Girl was actually quite the angel. I love it when they grow out of being stinkers all the time.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Breakfast out! That is so fun. How do I get some fondue recipes? I'd love to try some! My email is melissagriffy@gmail..com if you have time to send them :)

John said...

The RS can still play?! Maybe I should break out the trumpet. We can do a brass duet, if I can remember how to play still. Happy Birthday!

neil said...

Heck yeah, John, I rock! We should totally do a duet...for Sarah's wedding! It'll be sweet! I think we could dig up the trumpet part for Let's Go Band. Or if you're feeling really adventurous, nothing says "love" like The Imperial March from Star Wars.

John said...

Absolutely! The Imperial March reminds me of my love... for BYU football! Becky said she can play The Imperial March on clarinet. We'll make it a trio, maybe quartet if we can throw in JoBad on the guitar!

Melanie said...

Ooh- I second the request for fondue recipes. The Melting Pot, I believe, doesn't exist in Indiana.

And too bad about all those talents- tough luck!