Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surprises

Yesterday the doorbell rang. We were a little surprised because we weren't expecting anyone. When we opened the door there was a Mickey Mouse covered package on the doorstep with Handsome Face's name on it. Yay for surprises!
We all trooped into the family room and grabbed the scissors. Cute Girl seemed to be more excited than anyone as Handsome Face pulled out the contents. Grandma Crapo sent him a super cool St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap. Now he can cheer on the Cards in style! There was also a box of cinnamon grahams that look like Scooby snacks or dog biscuits. I was entertained by that. And Cute Girl was thrilled that her brother had a new hat and a treat to share.
Later that afternoon we all went out to wait for Daddy to get home. Handsome Face helped me get the rest of the mail. When we opened up the box, there was another package stuffed inside! This one was addressed to Cute Girl and she was super excited. We piled back into the house where she opened a new bathing suit and a very frilly pink dress. She loves her presents from Grandma.

In her own words:
Handsome Face just got a hat. And then he got the snack I got today. And then I got my bathing suit. And then I got my dress and my card. That was it. Handsome Face went to the front door and then mine went in the mailbox.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love getting packages in the mail. I want to see pictures of the frilly dress.

Sheri E. said...

Packages from grandma are the best. Especially when they are cute clothes. Handsome face looks awesome with that hat.

John said...

I love the hat! I think I'm jealous of Handsome Face's package. Scooby snacks are good too.

Karen C. said...

Actually, the really frilly pink dress is a princess nightgown! I know it looks fancy enough to be a dress, but the sign at the store said it was a nightgown. I thought it was cute with all the ruffles.

Alan C said...

He looks great in the hat. I'm glad they liked their presents.