Monday, May 11, 2009

Look, I'm in a picture

I had a lovely Mother's Day. Aside from the tantrums my son had all afternoon. But it was slightly gratifying to have the Rocket Scientist see what I have to deal with everyday while he's gone. It's not pretty.
But other than that it really was lovely. My husband did a wonderful job of making my day special. We got FABULOUS chocolates at church, the Primary sang in Sacrament Meeting (see previous post), and the Primary Presidency got subs so we teachers could go to Relief Society. That was awesome. I miss Relief Society so much.
After a quick lunch I got to sit on the "Royal Throne" (aka blanket and pillow seat) for my gift. The kids made lovely cards. And this was the only way we could get Handsome Face in the picture. Here I am appropriately oohing and ahhing for my kids benefit. They love opening presents.

And I got a KitchenAid! Yay! And not just any KitchenAid. It's the 6-quart, 575 watt professional series that will make 8-1/4 loaves of bread, 8 lbs of mashed potatos, or 13 dozen cookies. It's so cool. And we made the best cookies ever last night. I served them at a party today and they're gone now. So sad.
Here it is in all its glory - the only appliance allowed to sit on my counter (I don't like clutter). But seriously, it has to be on the counter because it's so big and heavy I can barely lift it. And there's no where else to put it.

4 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Sorry to hear about those tantrums but the Kitchenaid is worth it, right? I just got the same one a while ago and LOVE IT! We also got the ice cream attachment which I am testing out tomorrow...yum. Have fun in the kitchen and I am sure your family will be happy to reap all the rewards from it. :)

Katie said...

Oh wow, that is the Mother of all Kitchenaids. Of course it gets to be on the counter, it's so pretty.

Rachael said...

oh, I love my KitchenAid stand mixer. It's the single small appliance that I honestly would not want to do without. Heck, I'd take it over a dishwasher.

mom said...

I am so jealous! You deserve it. Love you tons.