Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving, a week late

First of all I have the most beautiful children in the world.




While in Utah we had some family photos taken here.On our way home from the photo shoot in Nunn's Park, Handsome Face checked out. We drove all the night before and didn't get in until 4:30 in the morning. Then he woke up at 7am. Way too early. Luckily he came into bed with me and slept for awhile longer.Our next stop, lunch at Cafe Rio with Grandma and Grandpa Crapo and assorted aunts/uncles. My kids were hungry. While waiting in line Handsome Face kept trying to escape to other tables so he could steal other people's chips. So we ordered him his own chips, a quesedilla, and gave him some of our enchiladas and burritos. He only ate the chips.
After lunch we went back to Katie and Ryan's apartment where we were staying. They were very kind to let four people overrun their tiny apartment. Handsome Face and I crashed for most of the afternoon. I think Cute Girl fell asleep with her Dad on the couch. I got up when the Rocket Scientist told me that we were going to see the new James Bond movie. My mother-in-law graciously stayed behind to watch the kids.
Dinner that night was at Red Robin. I tried to keep the french fires away from our end of the table but Handsome Face saw them anyway. All he would eat was fries. Notice a pattern developing here? Oh, and I didn't sit in my own chair to eat dinner at a restaurant the entire trip. I was almost always standing, as the chip/fry eating boy always managed to usurp my chair.
Wednesday we went to the temple which was lovely. Then it was back to the apartments for dinner and Thanksgiving prep. Dinner on Thursday was delicious. Although my children didn't think so. At this point, all Handsome Face would eat was pie. Preferably pumpkin pie. And rolls if he really couldn't get to the pie.
Friday morning my sisters-in-law and I went to Jo-Anns to buy some fabric. It didn't even occur to us that the place would be mobbed because of Black Friday. The wait for cutting fabric was close to 200 people I think. Luckily, a woman was deserting as we arrived and she gave us her number. We got great deals on all the fabric we needed though, and I stayed to wait out the line while everyone else moved on to the next stop. All told I think I was at that one store for close to three hours. When we got home everyone needed naps after that harrowing morning. Cute Girl soundly refused however. But later I found this:
Evidently her cartoons weren't fascinating enough.
We left Saturday morning. It took almost 18 hours to get home because we had a blow out in the middle of the desert and AAA was none too helpful. They sent us on a wild goose chase to find 24-hour tire shops that didn't exist.


3 comments:

Rachael said...

oh my goodness--stuck in the desert? nightmare!!

Katie said...

Oh no, that's no good. Sorry about that. The family pictures turned out great though.

Katie Rod said...

I bet it's good to be out of the car. And the family pics look great.