Thursday, December 4, 2008

More funny things from Cute Girl

My friend Rachael posted about making small children eat yesterday, which made me laugh when I read it, but then I had this occur at dinnertime. We had salmon, rice, and green beans. I like to have salmon about once a week to get some of those great fatty acids into my kids. They don't think they're so great. When Cute Girl found out what was for dinner she said she wanted spaghetti instead. Then she started whining and crying, "I want ALL of my dinner to be soooo yummy!" By the end of the night, with the addition of an orange (they had to be circles (aka slices) NOT wedges), Daddy coming home, and Daddy sharing his lemon, she decided that her dinner WAS so yummy. Handsome Face ate his salmon because he REALLY wanted his orange and Daddy was putting it on top of pieces of salmon. He wasn't tricked, and he tried really hard not to let that salmon in, but his desire for oranges won out in the end.

We had things to do after the Rocket Scientist got home so the kids ended up in bed late. Not a big deal I thought. We watched a tv show to unwind and when it was finished an hour later we heard a clink from upstairs signaling Cute Girl's entrance into the bathroom. She was not asleep. The Rocket Scientist checked on her and came back to report that she had gotten cold. Her pajamas came off earlier at bedtime because she hates it when the legs ride up but she decided to put them back on since she was cold. She then went into the bathroom to get some hair clips so that she could clip the bottoms of her pajamas to the tops of her socks. Where does she come up with these things?!

I went back and checked on her later. She had given up on the hair clips because they wouldn't stay. But as we were sitting together in the hall she said, "Maybe if I had some clips to clip the hair clips..." Then in an effort to stall bedtime she started whining about how she didn't know what she should do while she was sleeping. I told her she should sleep while she was sleeping. She smiled at me like I was ridiculous and said, "But those are just the same thing!"

1 comments:

Rachael said...

have you tried lemon pepper on the salmon while it's cooking, then lemon juice as you're eating? that's the only way I can get my kids to eat it happily.