Monday, March 3, 2014

Hey, I had a Birthday

It was my birthday last week. It started nice and early at midnight when Micah woke up with a fever. The kids were also out of school that day so I took all four kids (including the sick baby) to Sadie's hair cut and then to Target. We spent the rest of the day cleaning up the house for the benefit of the babysitter. Neil and I were headed for the Gaslight Theatre that evening so we quickly had a little cake with a single candle before we left, mostly for the benefit of the kids. They were so excited for that cake. Charlotte was yelling "CAKE!!!" the whole way home from the store where we picked it up. I got lots of lovely gifts, most of them to be used on our upcoming vacation. Then we went and saw one of the funniest shows we've seen at the Gaslight - The Belle of Tombstone! So, so good. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. The pizza was scrumptious and Neil got me a free ice cream cone by telling them it was my birthday. It was a lovely way to end the day.


2 comments:

Mom said...

You look so great in this picture. I cannot believe how old you are. Of course, you do not look it at all. Must be those good genes. Love you. So glad you had a happy, happy birthday. Love you. Mom

Katie said...

Happy birthday! At least the last half of it sounds good.