Monday, May 7, 2012

Some Christmas Fun and Not so Fun

We did some fun things once we got to Indiana. Some family friends from church always dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus and open up there home for visitors. We went there right after getting to my parents' house (we were very tired). The kids got a stocking filled with treats, a small toy, and oodles of candy. The basement was very pretty and festive. The kids loved it.
We also celebrated my brother's birthday a few days late. He was gracious enough to wait until we got there to go out for dinner.
I had big plans to do all sorts of fun Christmas things at my parents. I wanted to do lots of baking and make homemade noodles and plan a huge Christmas dinner. All our home Christmas plans were ruined by getting the stomach flu so I was determined to have fun in Indiana. Then the kids and I got the flu. Boo. We had fevers and sore throats and the whole thing. So instead of baking and having lots of Christmas cheer we laid on my parents new couch and slept and watched Christmas movies and played Skyrama on the laptops. By the end of it several of my siblings and maybe my mom? had it too. So not fun.
Oh, and the worst part about getting sick was Sadie. She's always terrible about being sick. Madoc takes it in stride and makes the best of it, doing exactly what I tell him to do to feel better. Sadie just becomes a giant cranky monster and refuses liquids and medicine. She was the first one with fever and had to be forced to take Tylenol. We were all sleeping in my parent's room, the kids on twin mattresses on the floor and Charlotte in a play pen. Sadie would half wake up a dozen times a night crying and having a fit. I was sick but I'd have to drag myself out of bed to settle her down so she didn't wake the baby up and I could go back to sleep. We didn't have a real  night's sleep for DAYS! What a stinker.
But we still opened our family gift exchange presents on Christmas Eve. Here are the kids opening theirs.
Charlotte got a Leapfrog house from Aunt Abby. It lives in her room and she likes getting it out sometimes.
Madoc's Star Wars action figures from Grandma
And Sadie's Pillow Pet from Grandpa. She sleeps with it every night now.

1 comments:

Katie said...

The people that dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus sound so cool! I love Charlotte's candy cane jammies. Now whenever Lucas sees anything that's red and white stripes he says it's like Charlotte's jammies.