Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Christmas at Home 2011

We always travel for Christmas so we have our own little Christmas morning before we leave. There are just too many presents to pack up otherwise. Due to our busy schedule and half of us being sick, we had to forgo some of our regular Christmas traditions, the main one being the homemade doughnuts that Neil always makes us. The kids were happy to just have new presents.


 I gave Neil new slippers. Here he compares the old with the new. I think it was an improvement.

 I made Madoc some felt car mats for all of his cars and trucks and airplanes.
 Sadie is no longer playing with toys very often and so she gets grown-up presents. We got this necklace for her from the Vintage Pearl. She wears it every single day and we're already on the third chain as she keeps breaking them.

 I just thought this was funny. I've no idea what he was doing. But it shows the new marble run he got for Christmas. It was a big hit and gets played with a lot (until I take all of the marbles away because they won't keep them picked up and I find Charlotte's mouth full of them).
 The new big girl bike. She had really outgrown her first one. Neil taught her how to ride in just a day or two.


 Neil's new favorite shirt - Wookie the Chew with Chrisolo Robin and AT-ore
 And a picture of me to show I got presents too.
 Charlotte required lots of help with unwrapping. She's still not very good at it. But she liked lounging on Neil's lap to investigate her stocking.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Where do you get all your good homemade ideas? (or do you just come up with them?) I love the felt car mats!! Even though it's May, this post made me excited for Christmas!

Katie said...

I love that picture of Madoc. Looks like a fun Christmas. Sadie's necklace is so cute!