Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Primary Program and Visitors!

Last year we became part of a brand new ward. Because of this our Primary Program didn't happen until the week before Thanksgiving. When Grandpa Crapo heard this, he decided they needed to come visit for the weekend. 
That Saturday was the Pecan Festival. I ran the 8.5 mile race that morning with my running buddy. We knew a ton of people running the race that day. My only goal was to finish and I did. I hadn't been running that long since finishing nursing Charlotte. Unfortunately nobody made it in time to see me cross the finish line but I found them all eventually. And there was hot chocolate in the car from Neil! That more than made up for the tardiness.
We then took the horse wagon across the road to the festival. The kids had a good time. First we did face painting. Sadie got a pink butterfly on her cheek and Madoc had a fire breathing dragon on his arm. Grandma and Grandpa treated them to the petting zoo and the pony rides. And there was the obligatory jumping castles. 
We had to cut the trip a little short and drag the kids away because Charlotte was cranky. Daddy had forgotten to bring any diapers or bottles or food. She was especially sad about her dirty diaper. Fortunately I was able to find a fruit leather buried in my purse and sucking on that kept her happy long enough for the kids to do everything they wanted.




 We spent the afternoon getting cleaned up and having naps. I think the kids went with Grandma and Grandpa to go geocacheing before dinner. Sadie came back with a hand full of tiny needles. It took forever to clean out of her hand but then we were rewarded with a delicious dinner. Neil made chicken bellagio and it was soooooo good. I think he may need to make it again this weekend.
Sunday was the Primary Program and the kids did great. They both knew their parts and said them loudly and clearly. Too bad Madoc never sang any songs though.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh that does look delicious! I think a recipe would be in order. I'm glad the kids performed well and it looks like everyone had a good time.

neil said...

This is the one I used. It will likely dirty all the dishes in your kitchen, cause you to overeat, and make you contemplate moving closer to a Cheesecake Factory so that you can eat it every day until you die of a heart attack.

Karen C. said...

The chicken bellagio was absolutely amazing. I'm glad Neil put a link to the recipe. It was a fun weekend for us, and it was well worth the trip just for the excitement of watching Madoc not sing in the program. The faces he made instead were absolutely priceless! They both did a great job on their parts for the program.

Alan C said...

I really enjoyed the weekend. We had a great time playing with the kids and eating chicken bellagio.