Monday, August 1, 2011

A quick post about the weekend

Charlotte decided to eat the laptop cord.


We have a volunteer watermelon plant in the backyard. This is one of the three watermelons off it (unfortunately they're not suitable for eating but apparently suitable to dress up).


Have you seen the pic of the kiddie car wash floating around the web? I showed it to Neil and on Saturday he made this. The water in the desert is so warm coming out of the tap that the kids just stood  under it like a shower. So much for running through the sprinklers.



We spent all day Friday at a waterpark but I wanted to just play and enjoy so I didn't take the camera. The kids loved it (it was our second time) and Charlotte lasted seven hours! What a lil' sport. Neil and I took turns on a few of the slides but we spent most of the day in the wave pool on tubes and just swimming around. The kids liked having so much shallow water to swim in. But it was kind of a problem because they would just take off (especially Madoc) and would be in the middle of the pool with no adult supervision. I think I had a heart attack about twelve times that day.

And for an update, our ward split and we are now in a NEW fifth ward for our area. Neil is the new Elders Quorum president (he has been for a month or so in the old ward) and I got released from YW and called as the new gospel doctrine instructor. I taught for the first time on Sunday and it didn't go well. And to make matters worse I was the youngest person in the room (excluding Charlotte of course).

5 comments:

Katie Rod said...

That's a tough calling. Especially when you are young so everyone automatically thinks they know more than you. But, good luck, though.

And can I just say that Charlotte looks just like a Gerber baby! Seriously, she is darling. Love the computer picture. :)

Katie said...

That sprinkler is awesome. I'm sure you did better than you think you did teaching. When we taught Sunday school, lessons that we thought were going to be good didn't turn out that well, and some lessons we prepared the hour before church were great. It's too bad they aren't kids and you can't just bribe them with candy.

Melissa said...

So hard about the teaching... maybe their old people comments will be really good? Our combine lesson this past week was all about senior missions and why you should go, if that tells you anything! I'm in the same boat!

Julie Knight said...

Love the picture of Charlotte! And the kiddy car wash idea is amazing. Looks like fun. Good luck on the calling... thats a tough one but I'm sure you'll do great. I always thought the lessons I taught were terrible too, but people still came up to say thanks. Either way i'm pretty sure your lessons are way better then mine ever were if it makes you feel better.

Alan C said...

Great photos of the kids I love the kid wash sprinkler. Charlotte looks cute even with a cord in her mouth.