Monday, August 8, 2011

Madoc's Party

Madoc had his birthday in Indiana but we had a friends party once we got back. He wanted a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake, just like last year, so that set our theme. Only 2 of the 4 little boys (and siblings) we invited could come but they were our best family friends so we were alright with that.
For Sadie's art party I planned a few activities but left a lot of time for playing. That did NOT work and I had kids bugging me the whole time. So for Madoc's party we made it much shorter and I planned every minute. But when the kids got here all they wanted to do was play. So much for games and activities!
Neil grilled hot dogs and chicken and we also had chips, popcorn, and apples and strawberries. And let's not forget cake! But I did forget the ice cream. Oops. Sadie was very upset about that after the party.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Funny how the entertainment worked out!! That cake is amazing. You didn't give yourself credit but I'm thinking you created that beauty? If so-great job!!

Alan C said...

It sounds like the party went really well. The cake looks great!

Katie said...

Good job on the cake! Madoc looks so grown up.

Sheri E. said...

I like his cake. Well done! That sounds like a fun party.

Karen C. said...

Sounds like the perfect party. The cake is a work of art!