Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Commons

While we were at my parents' we made a stop at the Commons. It used to be an old mall and now it's being made over with office, retail, event space, etc. I grew up going to play on the Commons playground. It was recently renovated and my family hadn't seen the new one yet. Neil was very sad that they took out the old because it had such cool (ie dangerous) play equipment but he said the new one was cool too. Neil and the kids ran around for awhile and then played hide and seek. Charlotte and I just hung out on the side.
 This was a concave little dish in the toddler area. Charlotte thought it was fun to sit in and try to crawl out.
 There is a huge climbing structure now. If you've been to the Magic House in St. Louis, it's very similar to the beanstalk only much  bigger. The picture is horrible but I was too far away and couldn't get closer because I had Charlotte beside me and there was a lot of light behind them. But they're up at the top.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That's a cool looking playground. It's true that old playgrounds had better/dangerous things to play on, but that one still looks pretty awesome.

John said...

I would definitely play at that playground.

Karen C. said...

Charlotte has the sweetest little smile! Seems like a wonderful playground. It has something for everyone.