Monday, September 13, 2010

The Countdown to Christmas Begins

I started my Christmas gift planning today! It's kind of early but I've set a goal to be done by Halloween. And everything absolutely MUST be done by Thanksgiving or no one will be getting any presents.
I decided last year that I wanted to try and make more of our holiday gifts this Christmas. I love buying just the right thing for people but I hate just picking something off a list that doesn't really mean anything to me or the receiver. But neither do I want to make a bunch of stuff that would be completely useless to the recipient. It really needs to fit and be lovely. Last year the Rocket Scientist made a pulpit for Cute Girl. It was absolutely perfect! It fit right in with her play needs and personality and she loved it! Just tonight she used it as she gave us her FHE lesson.
So today I started crafting and I have three small items done. Yay! I'd love to post pictures and tell all about them but then I'd be spoiling the surprise for some people and I can't do that.

Have you started thinking about Christmas? Do you have any great homemade goodness up your sleeve?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I do, but then that would ruin the surprise. :) I'm excited for Christmas.

whitney said...

I'm definitely getting into Christmas mode myself. I'm tempted to try my hand at some gift-craftiness...we'll see what happens.

Melissa said...

Me too me too! I'm making Macey some cute vintage looking hand puppets... you know a squid, an owl, maybe a moose. I'm not sure yet. Only the squid is under way!

John said...

I'm always a slacker when it comes to Christmas shopping. I tend to get it done in the week/days before. Maybe I should start earlier this year.