Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hiking in the Canyon

Last Saturday Uncle Trey was supposed to go hiking with us, but since he couldn't make it, we decided to go without him. It was a beautiful day in the canyon and we had the snow run-off filled creek to accompany us on our way. We saw lots of black lizards and plenty of dogs. And we played hide-n-seek along the way. Cute Girl and the Rocket Scientist really got us good - twice!Handsome Face almost walked the entire 1.8 miles. Our poor daddy had to walk back UP the canyon to get the car and our picnic when we were finished. The kids and I just threw rocks over the bridge and played I SPY. Hard, I know.




Rowing their boat





5 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like so much fun. You guys all look so cute together.

Sheri E. said...

Handsome Face is getting so big! I love that last picture of him. Family hikes are always so much fun.

Alan C said...

Hiking in canyon and playing on the rocks, especially when there is water in the creek, is so much fun. I wish I could be there to play with the kids in the canyon too. There is something magical about kids, water, rocks and sticks that is amazing.

John said...

That sounds like a really fun trip. I love the pictures of them sitting on the rocks. They're both getting so big.

Kelsey said...

How beautiful! I know how much you miss the green of the Midwest, but I miss things in the West like canyons and mountains and REAL hiking. :)