Saturday, August 23, 2014

Look who showed up!

 After waiting and waiting, Amelia Rose was born on Father's Day. She was 21 inches long and weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. She slept so well that night that we were the last of the three families at the birth center to wake up and leave despite her being born first.

Coming home and meeting everyone...



 Here she is at 7 weeks.


This week (at nine weeks) we went to the doctor and she weighted 10 lbs. 1 oz. The doctor isn't very optimistic that she'll double her birth weight at four months but she's just dainty and petite. She is by far the best baby I've ever had; I tell everyone that God decided to take pity on me with the fifth one! She sleeps like a champ, so much so that on some days it feels like we hardly see her. When she does wake up she's happy and content. If I need her to wait before I feed her she doesn't mind. She can sit in her chair or lay on the floor and just look around forever. When someone comes into view (especially Mom or Dad) she just lights up. She feels no need to suck on anything, be it pacifier or fingers or anything else, and she never lingers over feedings. I absolutely love all of her long, dark hair and her dark blue eyes (I think they're not going to change). She is just the most peaceful, content baby ever!

3 comments:

Grandma Shoaf said...

She is absolutely adorable. I miss you all and just may show up some day. I think Amelia has Madoc's smile. But she really just looks like Amelia to me. So cute.

Katie said...

She is beautiful! I love all her hair too! Congratulations. And congratulations on her being such a good baby. Can't wait to meet her at Christmas.

Mamacrapo said...

Awwww, she has such a cute little smile. She really is adorable and lovable. I'm glad she's such a good baby.